Wednesday, November 21, 2007
I am thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving. As hard as this year has been with heart ache, I am ever so thankful for all that I have:
1. First of all my family....My 3 children and my sweet Elf comfort my days with love and support.
2. My parents for giving me the ability to dream..(I love you Dad!)
3. My cozy little home, even with it being 1 kitchen short this Thanksgiving.
4. Having a creative spirit with the ability to follow my Whimsical dreams
5. My health and for having diabetes... Yes, I am even thankful for that.. If I had not contracted it, I would not be as healthy and 85 lbs lighter.
6. For my best friends that I might have never touched, but always in my heart each day.
Here is just one example of pure friendship....Penny McAlister I met Penny at a show (Folkart Invitational) in Orange County, CA about 4 years ago. We "roomed" together, without much thought, and it changed my life forever. Penny has been a constant cheerleader in my pursuit of spreading Whimsies around the world. She introduced me to Midwest and others, and has continually educated me about the industry, techniques, and products. Penny has always held my hand through the highest highs and the lowest lows. To think that I've only hugged her a few times seems impossible, as she has "hugged" me at least 100 times through emails and over the phone. I am celebrating her Whimsical work and her most receent accomplishment of "beating me" to be published in Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion magazine. God Bless you Penny, and thank you for being my friend.
Posted by CCs Whimsies at 6:34 AM